Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What started off as a joke.......

...ended up as a final project.

It was the 11th hour of all the design and paper work before the festival deadlines. We were short 3 people on the team of the Multicultural Festival, and someone asked me to whip up a Parking Permit.

I was tired. We all were tired. We were looking at tired in the rear view mirror. So I took the time allotted to  produce something and just got all my silliness out.  After working as a Supervisor of Parking Services at a hospital for 4 years, I  had grown accustomed to parking permits and wanted to have some fun.

Using the 'mascot' image we had for the festival, I put her in a found free vector clip art, and made her to look like she was having a fun time parking,

The resulting laughter at the 11th hour put everyone back into a more cheerful mood. What was even better was that the design was approved and went forward as the official parking pass for the festival.

I've always believed that a little bit of silly is needed from time to time, just to keep us all human.

No comments:

Post a Comment